The Ideal Ranges For Time Under Tension
by Coach Brian | Nov 13, 2018 | 0 commentsVarying the tempo on an exercise to manipulate the time under tension (TUT) is an excellent tool for building muscle and busting plateaus. It is also a great trick for making your in-home workouts more challenging if you are limited to a few lightweight dumbbells. TUT...
How To Safely Test For Your One-Rep Max
by Coach Brian | Jun 12, 2018 | 0 commentsYour one-rep max (1RM) is the most weight you can lift one time for a particular exercise. This is one way to track increases in strength and is also helpful to give you an idea of how much you should lift in other rep ranges. It’s important to note that you don’t...
Does Lifting Heavy Weights Make Women Bulky?
by Coach Brian | May 25, 2018 | 0 comments“I am afraid that if I workout, my arms will get bigger. They are so big already and resistant to losing weight. If I gain muscle and I don’t lose any fat from that area, I can’t imagine…” I understand the concern my new Instagram friend has. After all,...
Compound Exercises vs. Isolation Exercises – Which Is Better?
by Coach Brian | May 17, 2018 | 0 commentsWhen it comes to efficiency, burning fat and building muscle… compound exercises such as barbell squats, deadlifts, overhead presses, and pull-ups are superior to isolation exercises such as bicep curls and leg extensions for a handful of reasons. To start, they...
Search A Topic
Browse By Category
- Change Brings Opportunity
- Quarantine 15: Tips To Avoid Mindless Snacking During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Coronavirus: How You Can Help
- Should You Skip Breakfast?
- 5 Essential Holiday Fitness Tips
- How To Count Calories And Macros
- Gain Muscle With Drop Sets
- The Ideal Ranges For Time Under Tension
- Muscle vs. Fat: What’s The Difference?
- Which Starchy Foods Should You Avoid?
- Close Grip Bench Press: Build Triceps Strength
- Top Sources Of Vegetarian Protein