The Difference Between Muscular Strength And Muscular Endurance
by Coach Brian | May 16, 2018 | 0 comments“What is the difference between muscular strength and muscular endurance?” Most of us have an idea in our head about what fitness results we are trying to achieve, but unknowingly sabotage those results with workouts that are either contradictory to those goals or...
How To Lose Fat Not Muscle
by Coach Brian | Jan 16, 2018 | 0 commentsYour body has the ability to “catabolize”, or break down and use your muscle tissue for energy if your glycogen stores are depleted and no glucose is available. If you are trying to lose body fat AND build lean muscle simultaneously, you obviously want to avoid this....
Optimal Rest Time Between Sets
by Coach Brian | May 26, 2016 | 0 commentsDifferent fitness goals require different periods of rest time between sets. Always time your breaks with a stopwatch or a timer. For fat loss and muscle endurance, circuit workouts and metabolic conditioning with 30-60 seconds or less between exercises are great for...
Gym Etiquette 101: Mistakes To Avoid
by Coach Brian | Feb 14, 2016 | 0 commentsWhile this gym etiquette list could be A LOT longer, here are some basic unwritten rules to abide by when in a crowded gym. Some of these may seem obvious to my fellow gym goers who’ve been at this a long time, but remember that we were all beginners at one point...
Search A Topic
Browse By Category
- Change Brings Opportunity
- Quarantine 15: Tips To Avoid Mindless Snacking During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Coronavirus: How You Can Help
- Should You Skip Breakfast?
- 5 Essential Holiday Fitness Tips
- How To Count Calories And Macros
- Gain Muscle With Drop Sets
- The Ideal Ranges For Time Under Tension
- Muscle vs. Fat: What’s The Difference?
- Which Starchy Foods Should You Avoid?
- Close Grip Bench Press: Build Triceps Strength
- Top Sources Of Vegetarian Protein