Compound Exercises vs. Isolation Exercises – Which Is Better?
by Coach Brian | May 17, 2018 | 0 commentsWhen it comes to efficiency, burning fat and building muscle… compound exercises such as barbell squats, deadlifts, overhead presses, and pull-ups are superior to isolation exercises such as bicep curls and leg extensions for a handful of reasons. To start, they...
The Difference Between Muscular Strength And Muscular Endurance
by Coach Brian | May 16, 2018 | 0 comments“What is the difference between muscular strength and muscular endurance?” Most of us have an idea in our head about what fitness results we are trying to achieve, but unknowingly sabotage those results with workouts that are either contradictory to those goals or...
How Many Sets And Reps Should You Do?
by Coach Brian | May 7, 2018 | 0 commentsHow many sets and reps should you do? The truth is, there is no single best rep range for fat loss, gaining muscle, or “toning up”. There’s actually no such thing as “toning” at all but I’ll save that for another post. The reason it’s not so clear cut and dry is...
Should You Use Exercise Machines?
by Coach Brian | Apr 12, 2018 | 0 commentsAll things being constant (same weight, same exercise), you will get more benefit from using free weights than you will from a machine. Two reasons: Because free weights allow for a full range of motion. We all come in different shapes and sizes, machines don’t. So...
Search A Topic
Browse By Category
- Change Brings Opportunity
- Quarantine 15: Tips To Avoid Mindless Snacking During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Coronavirus: How You Can Help
- Should You Skip Breakfast?
- 5 Essential Holiday Fitness Tips
- How To Count Calories And Macros
- Gain Muscle With Drop Sets
- The Ideal Ranges For Time Under Tension
- Muscle vs. Fat: What’s The Difference?
- Which Starchy Foods Should You Avoid?
- Close Grip Bench Press: Build Triceps Strength
- Top Sources Of Vegetarian Protein