How To Structure Your Workout Program
by Coach Brian | May 23, 2018 | 0 commentsWhile there is no “single right way” to structure your workout program, below are some common strength training splits, based on days per week, that may help you to get started. These obviously do not take into account any specific goals, injuries, or restrictions you...
Should You Use Exercise Machines?
by Coach Brian | Apr 12, 2018 | 0 commentsAll things being constant (same weight, same exercise), you will get more benefit from using free weights than you will from a machine. Two reasons: Because free weights allow for a full range of motion. We all come in different shapes and sizes, machines don’t. So...
Why You Should Always Warm-Up
by Coach Brian | Apr 11, 2018 | 0 commentsMost of us workout to lose weight, build muscle, and feel more confident. Unfortunately, most of us also skip the warm-up. I get it, there’s nothing particularly sexy or fun about warming up. But the truth is, when you bypass the warm-up and go straight into your...
How To Lose Fat Not Muscle
by Coach Brian | Jan 16, 2018 | 0 commentsYour body has the ability to “catabolize”, or break down and use your muscle tissue for energy if your glycogen stores are depleted and no glucose is available. If you are trying to lose body fat AND build lean muscle simultaneously, you obviously want to avoid this....
Search A Topic
Browse By Category
- Change Brings Opportunity
- Quarantine 15: Tips To Avoid Mindless Snacking During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Coronavirus: How You Can Help
- Should You Skip Breakfast?
- 5 Essential Holiday Fitness Tips
- How To Count Calories And Macros
- Gain Muscle With Drop Sets
- The Ideal Ranges For Time Under Tension
- Muscle vs. Fat: What’s The Difference?
- Which Starchy Foods Should You Avoid?
- Close Grip Bench Press: Build Triceps Strength
- Top Sources Of Vegetarian Protein