Weight Loss Expectations Versus Reality
by Coach Brian | Apr 13, 2018 | 0 commentsThe picture above is an actual progress chart showing the 20 pound weight loss trajectory over a 3-month period of one of my online coaching clients. I show this to illustrate that while you might expect weight loss to look a little more linear (see the red line), in...
How To Lose Fat Not Muscle
by Coach Brian | Jan 16, 2018 | 0 commentsYour body has the ability to “catabolize”, or break down and use your muscle tissue for energy if your glycogen stores are depleted and no glucose is available. If you are trying to lose body fat AND build lean muscle simultaneously, you obviously want to avoid this....
How To Properly Track Your Fitness Progress
by Coach Brian | Dec 4, 2016 | 0 commentsIf You Are Not Assessing, You Are Just Guessing Tracking your progress is an important part of staying on track with your fitness goals. Keeping a food log, workout log, taking “before and after” photos, recording body weight, body fat, circumference...
Fat Loss: Is Fasted Cardio Superior To Regular Cardio?
by Coach Brian | Aug 26, 2016 | 0 commentsThe Fasted Cardio Debate The jury is still out on whether or not fasted cardio is ideal for burning body fat. The short answer is…it’s complicated. There is research to support that your body can burn up to 20% more fat following a fasted bout of cardio in the...
Search A Topic
Browse By Category
- Change Brings Opportunity
- Quarantine 15: Tips To Avoid Mindless Snacking During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Coronavirus: How You Can Help
- Should You Skip Breakfast?
- 5 Essential Holiday Fitness Tips
- How To Count Calories And Macros
- Gain Muscle With Drop Sets
- The Ideal Ranges For Time Under Tension
- Muscle vs. Fat: What’s The Difference?
- Which Starchy Foods Should You Avoid?
- Close Grip Bench Press: Build Triceps Strength
- Top Sources Of Vegetarian Protein