Gain Muscle With Drop Sets
by Coach Brian | Nov 14, 2018 | 0 commentsWHAT ARE DROP SETS?Drop sets are a training technique geared towards increasing muscle mass by performing an exercise, then reducing (dropping) the weight, and continuing to perform more reps until you reach failure. They were a favorite of Arnold Schwarzenegger and...
The Ideal Ranges For Time Under Tension
by Coach Brian | Nov 13, 2018 | 0 commentsVarying the tempo on an exercise to manipulate the time under tension (TUT) is an excellent tool for building muscle and busting plateaus. It is also a great trick for making your in-home workouts more challenging if you are limited to a few lightweight dumbbells. TUT...
Muscle vs. Fat: What’s The Difference?
by Coach Brian | Nov 12, 2018 | 0 commentsWhich weighs more, muscle or fat? If you answered “they weigh the same”, you are correct. The difference is that muscle is denser so it takes up less space. To put it another way, if you gained 5 pounds of muscle and lost 5 pounds of fat, your body weight would stay...
Close Grip Bench Press: Build Triceps Strength
by Coach Brian | Sep 21, 2018As opposed to the traditional bench press, which primarily targets the chest, the close grip bench press primarily targets your triceps. In fact, aside from parallel dips, this exercise is in my opinion the best exercise for your triceps when performed correctly. When...
Should You Lift To Muscle Failure?
by Coach Brian | Jul 26, 2018 | 0 commentsYou may be wondering, “Should I be lifting to muscle failure? How do I know if I’ve hit failure?” In strength training, lifting to muscle failure means performing a specific resistance training activity enough times that the primary muscle cannot perform one more rep...
Search A Topic
Browse By Category
- Change Brings Opportunity
- Quarantine 15: Tips To Avoid Mindless Snacking During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Coronavirus: How You Can Help
- Should You Skip Breakfast?
- 5 Essential Holiday Fitness Tips
- How To Count Calories And Macros
- Gain Muscle With Drop Sets
- The Ideal Ranges For Time Under Tension
- Muscle vs. Fat: What’s The Difference?
- Which Starchy Foods Should You Avoid?
- Close Grip Bench Press: Build Triceps Strength
- Top Sources Of Vegetarian Protein